Drugs: Costs & Consequences
Opening Eyes to the Damage Drugs Cause
On Exhibit: February 9 – September 6 2023
Hours: Wed–Sat 10 am – 4 pm
School groups and organizations can book 7 days a week
As you enter the exhibit, you are faced with the ultimate cost of drugs: shattered dreams and lives. Through examples of people from real life, you will learn their individual stories that are all too common.
Drugs: Costs and Consequences – Opening eyes to the Damage Drugs Cause
With content specific to each location displayed, the exhibit presents global and historical overviews of the many costs and consequences of drugs on society. Through artifacts, exhibits, dramatic historic content, science content, and 32 video and interactive stations, the exhibit provides a powerful look at one of the biggest issues facing America today.
Traveling the country since 2002 and now appearing in Albany. This exhibit was developed by developed by the Museum, the DEA Educational Foundation, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration and other national partners and has been visited by more than 20 million people.
Hours: Can book 7 days a week
Cost: Admission and tours through DEA exhibit is Free*
Age: Recommended 4th Grade and up
*Bus Expense Reimbursement Available. Ask for an application. (Priority given to Title 1 schools.)
What to know before your visit
- Students are led on guided tours by an educator highly trained in presenting age-appropriate content about difficult topics.
- Average tours are 45 minutes, depending on age.
- Exhibit tours align with Georgia Standards of Excellence for Health Education.
- Visiting this exhibit is an important and heavy topic of conversation. Give your students time to decompress by coupling your visit to the DEA Museum with trips and education programs to our other facilities: Chehaw Park and Zoo, Flint RiverQuarium, and Thronateeska's History Museum.
- Half-day, full-day, and multi-day trips can be scheduled through our education department. All field trips and education programs align with Georgia Standards of Excellence in fields of History, Science, Math, Geology, Geography, and more.
To schedule a visit, contact Angie Gibson Jones:
Please be a leader for positive change in our community by supporting us at one of the following levels:
$25,000 & above
Drug Enforcement Administration
DEA Educational Foundation
The Edward C. Fogg, III & Lisbeth A. Fogg Charitable Trust
Albany Convention & Visitors Bureau